Saturday, June 23, 2012

Athens Day 5 and Rome Day 1

6/22/12

Yesterday, I spent most of the day on the beach with my younger sister. Later in the evening, we visited the temple of Poseidon at Sounion.

Our tour buses were magenta!

Breathtaking view




Temple of Poseidon - apparently Lord Byron visited here once, and carved his name in one of his pillars.

My favorite picture



Greek plant life

"Hey, look over there!"

For dinner, we had fish at a local place. I had never had to fillet a whole fish before (with the head), so at first I got a mouthful of bones, but I figured it out eventually. Sadly, I did not think to photograph it until I was halfway through with it.

6/23/12

Flew into Rome today. Took a nap at the hotel and then a walk.



I don't know what this building is, but it is gorgeous
Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment